Medical Website Design
Build rapport with your patients from the very moment they land on your website.
Transforming the experience of patients on your website from 'just browsing' to taking action.
Instead of losing patients because of a confusing home page or an unprofessional website, you can instead utilise your website as an asset and start building rapport with your patients from the very moment they land on your site.
Local MD specialises in creating high performance websites for medical clinics which means that they:
- Are appealing to patients in terms of design and functionality
- Are a great fit with your practice philosophies
- Are built with SEO in mind
- And lead as many patients as possible towards making an appointment
Medical Website Design
- Our web design and development team can give your key webpages a makeover or we can do a full redesign of your website, boosting the appeal, trust and credibility of your practice.
Maz was incredibly helpful in understanding my business and coming up with an attractive new website that engaged with my patients. The feedback from my patients has been terrific. I absolutely recommend her services for anyone looking to build a new website.
Medical Website Design - The Basics
A 3 Second Snap Decision
That's how long a new patient takes to decide if they want to keep looking on your website. If it feels confusing, they tend to go back to the search results to find another website that better addresses their needs.
The Right Hero Image
A picture's worth a thousand words. The main image you use at the top of your website home page should instantly start the rapport-building process with your patients.
Telling visitors what your practice has to offer in a nice succinct headline can make the difference between them wanting to learn more or feeling lost.
Medical Website Design and Development
Doctor or practitioner pages are usually the most viewed pages on a medical clinic website. Patients often want to know as much as possible about their practitioner before making a booking.
The benefits of services pages are twofold. Firstly, they provide patients with an in-depth overview of what you offer and help them feel more at ease about booking an appointment. Secondly, they provide a gateway to more traffic from Google.
Appealing to the subconscious
Visitors to your website tend to like familiarity. For example:
- Phone number and/or online booking button in the top right hand corner
- Clear navigation menu so pages are easy to find
- Appealing images that support page content
- Adequate clear space around page sections
- Easy-to-find contact information
When these things aren't right, your website can repel patients rather than attract them, triggering their subconscious that something doesn't feel right.
Positive patient connection
Confusing or poorly designed websites can be the cause of missed patient enquiries. Instead of losing new patients, utilise your website as a true business asset and build a connection with them from the beginning of their online journey with your practice.
Here's some home page essentials:
- Hero image, also referred to as a feature image or header image
- Captivating headline to explain to patients what you offer
- Call to action - Book Online, Call Us
- Links to your key services
- Links to your team / doctors / specialists
There's many websites offering free stock images and others that you pay for.
Free image sites:
Premium / Paid image sites
Depending on the type of practice you have, you might type in words like medical clinic, happy patients, busy waiting room, female doctor, smiling doctor, surgeon etc, to help find the kind of image you are looking for.
It depends on how your website has been built and how confident you are editing websites. A website builder like Squarespace is known to be easier for business owners to edit, whereas WordPress can be a little more tricky. If you have some skills but find specific tasks tricky, you could try out hiring freelance WordPress developers on sites like Upwork. It comes down to your preferences, budget and what you are comfortable with.